3.06.2014

save money and save lives

College is stressful. It's a lot of work and its so expensive. I never understood why I have to pay 9,000 dollars in tuition and then I have to pay an extra 600 dollars for textbooks. It's literally paper with words on it. Why are you so expensive?!

There are some ways to save money as a college student though. One of the best ways to do so is renting textbooks. I rent all of my books. You can save anywhere from 40 to 90 percent on books by renting! Plus, it's not like you need the books once your class is over, so it's totally a better deal. Campus Book Rentals is a great website that allows you to rent books and has so many benefits. You can highlight in the books, shipping is free, and the renting periods are so flexible.

Personally, I like this much better than renting/buying from my school's bookstore. Last semester, I rented from my school and ended up paying both the renting price and the full book price because there were marks in the book when I returned it. I was so mad and vowed that I would never rent a textbook again, until I came across Campus Book Rentals. Here's a little bit about how it works


My favorite part about this company is that they give back to the community. With each book that is rented, Campus Book Rentals donates some of the profit to Operation Smile. If you're not familiar with this charity, they raise money to provide necessary surgery for children born with facial deformities such as a cleft lip. Operation Smile saves lives, and I think it's incredible that this company helps support their mission. Its amazing, right?

Another great thing about Campus Book Rentals is their Rent Back program. This program allows us students to rent our textbooks to others. I love this. When you try to sell your books back to the school, you get basically nothing back. I paid 600 dollars for books freshman year, and they were willing to buy them back for FIFTY DOLLARS. Are you kidding me?! That's why I love the Rent Back program. Renting your books out will get you 2-4 times more money than you would selling your books regularly. Here's how it works:
Cool, right? It definitely helps when you're a broke college kid trying to get some money!

All in all, I love what Campus Book Rentals is doing for not only students, but also the community. It is a great, innovative company that is changing the way students think about purchasing textbooks. I definitely recommend checking out their site and renting through them because trust me, it makes life a whole lot easier! You can save money for yourself, and help save the life of a child in need.

Where do you get your text books? Do you have any other money saving tips?
 photo sgin_zps1af1f03c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment