5.10.2014

being a busy bee

Where have I been all week? I'm slackin' over here, guys. But it has been a busy busy week. I had my last day of work on Wednesday. I was a little excited to be done with the commitment, but I know I'm gonna miss that little guy. He's almost one, and he's getting to be at such a fun age, and I know that this summer so many exciting things will happen with him that I'll miss. You know, walking and talking and all that jazz. I miss his little four-tooth smile already!

Thursday was my last full day in Tucson. I can't say I'm upset about that. I went to breakfast with my roomies for our last breakfast together, and it was awesome. I had amazing blueberry pecan pancakes.
So you're welcome for making you hungry. They were so good and now I can't stop thinking about them. YUM. Whoa, okay, anyway. You can read Carlin's sappy little post about it here because I don't want to talk about how hard it was to leave her. We also took our last (also its only our third) roomie picture. I was grabbing Carlin's butt, that's why she's laughing. Yolo
Friday I finished up my last final, and headed home to Phoenix. It's crazy because a few months ago, I was so anti-Phoenix. But now, I can't wait until DJ gets out of the Air Force and we can move back. Driving into Phoenix on Friday, I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming sense of home. Its where I grew up. I know the city so well. Its where my friends and family are. I can't wait to come home. DJ is looking into some programs at ASU for his Bachelor's and I'm looking into Master's programs there, so it'll be exciting for us to move home and get back to school once he's out!

Today I met up with my homegirls Kailey and Carissa at Lux in Phoenix for coffee. What was supposed to be a quick early morning coffee date ended up being five hours of laughing, talking, gossiping, and all of that good stuff. If you're ever in central Phoenix, Lux is such a neat little place. It's definitely very hipster, and the coffee and food is amaze. I also ran into DJ's mom there, which is funny because we were supposed to hang out later in the day. But all around it was definitely a good way to spend a Saturday!
Ugh why am I so much taller than everyone. Anyway, tomorrow is Mamas day so I'm hanging out with my mom and grandma, which should be a good day. Then Monday is prep for Montana and a baseball game with those hotties in the picture above. Tuesday is hair cut / eye brow waxing / nail painting so I look fresh for my man…..and Wednesday is THE DAY! It's so close guys. I can't wait.

So, there's what I've been up to and why I haven't been around. Also I've been lacking some motivation, but I'm hoping Montana will change that. While we're at it, use the code "MONTANA" for a discount on any ad because I'm so freaking excited!!!

What have you been up to?
 photo signatur_zpsbbec9269.png

7 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! Congrats in finishing your semester and I'm also happy to hear about your change of heart about Phoenix :) . Cause now that we're bff's I wanna hang out forever and ever and I can't really do that if you're living out of state ;) . Had so much fun at coffee this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes all you need is good company and five hours to spend in order to get life together again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are getting closer to being in montana. and congrats on finishing your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your semester. Good luck for the rest , girl :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay you and butt grabbing must be a thing. im so glad we were actual friends who actually hang out and now we dont have to be "blog friends" i can just say "my friends". Im so excited for tomorrow YAY. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't it feel AMAZING to be done for the semester? Even if my summer classes do start tomorrow... Anyways, that blueberry pancake just made me drool so thank you for that ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky! I'm literally not done with school until the day before my graduation! UGH. Looks like you had fun with the other girlies! :) The first time I ever went to Lux was actually with Kayli! lol

    Mo
    www.ollivandermo.com

    ReplyDelete