4.03.2014

I have a problem with saying no. When a friend asks me to hang out and I don't want to, I immediately get awkward and try to find some excuse. When someone asks me for a favor, I do it. I know there are a lot of people out there trying to say yes more, but honestly I think I say yes too much. Not that there's anything wrong with wanted to be more optimistic and open, but I definitely let people take advantage of me because I say yes too much. I realized that when something happened this week, which I don't want to get into much detail about because it involves another blogger, but basically I felt bad saying no, and I ended up doing way more than I should have for this person without charging them like I should have. holy run-on sentence. I've always been this way. I would rather suck it up and do a little extra for someone than tell them no. Saying no is awkward and uncomfortable and I don't want to be rude. Sure, doing things for others is kind. I like to think that I'm a good person, and I definitely enjoy helping others. But at what point does this become too much? When I begin to sacrifice my happiness (and in cases like the other day- my sanity) for others, is it worth it?
 photo signaturep_zps80225a13.png

No comments:

Post a Comment