8.12.2013

yummy homemade chipolte burrito bowls!

I love Chipotle. I would eat there every day if I could! I always get a burrito bowl and they're absolutely delicious! So to save a little money, I decided to try to make them at home.  I must say, they turned out much better than I expected!


I bought boneless skinless chicken breasts and just cooked them in a pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. I always make a ton, and then the rest I can whip up in just minutes whenever! I use one chicken breast per bowl. 

For the rice, you can really use any kind. I love jasmine rice, so that's what I used. You just follow the cooking instructions on the bag.  I usually make about a cup of uncooked rice, and that's enough for two or three bowls. I love Chipotle's cilantro-lime rice, so I take a small bunch of cilantro leaves, chop them up and mix them right into the cooked rice! For the lime, I use the zest and juice of about half of a lime (It just depends on how much rice you make and how much lime flavor you want!)

I always add black beans to mine, but you can use whatever kind of beans you like too! I just take some from a can, but of course you can cook your own. 

Then we get to the to good stuff! The guacamole and salsa! My absolute favorite. I didn't like guac until this year, and now I can't get enough of it! I just make a simple guac with this recipe:
2 ripe Hass avocado
1 clove garlic
1/4 of a white onion, chopped
Zest and Juice of 1/2 lime
Cilantro, to taste
Pinch of salt, to taste
But you can also find a really yummy recipe here
I use store bought salsa.  I like Tostitos salsa, but I'm not picky.  If you want to make your own, I recommend this one.

And it's that simple! It's so easy and so yummy, we make them all the time! Also much cheaper than spending $8 a Chipotle every time! Enjoy :)
Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.30.55 PM

5 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! The Hubs and I love Chipotle so I'll have to give this a try. Thanks got linking-up your Kitchenspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you definitely have to! They're amazing:)

      Delete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious!! We have taco night but haven't thought of adding burritos to the mix. YES and more YES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, definitely give it a try! :)

      Delete
  3. wow SO domestic come make it for me

    ReplyDelete